Friday, January 29, 2010

State of the Union and Other Common Misconceptions....

Yeah, this isn't about any of that. But it got your attention, right? Today's topic: Leadership. You don't need to have the leadership title to be an effective leader, whatever that title may be in relation to whatever the situation is. NO I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT OBAMA. I don't do that anymore on the internet, because in this "non-partisan" America, we're more partisan than ever. I'm talking about LEADERSHIP.

The best leaders are born with it, it cannot be taught. Sometimes it needs to be nurtured and brought out of a person, but it's already present. They lead by doing; their actions and words guide and inspire others into motion. They are able to put their best effort forward and bring the best out of the people around them. This person is not always the person with the title.

I've had the title. It was awesome, it was fun, blah blah blah. I'm proud of what I accomplished with the title. I'm beyond proud of what I'm doing now, with no title whatsoever. So what kind are you? Do you lead by example and just live your life, or do you constantly dig and claw your way to the title, just to say that's who you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment