Monday, July 19, 2010

Hoarders...

So here's the deal: my mother is moving this weekend. Princess has her first BIG autism assessment this week. Father-in-law's retirement party is Saturday. This has been the busiest summer of my life. There is literally something every other day. I'm not one to not be bored, but I would love being bored right now. I'm sick of getting in the car and doing stuff, and quite frankly, so is Princess. She's lost all ability to comprehend "future" tense, and if you tell her you're going to do something or go somewhere in the future, she flips out and screams that she wants to "go to our house."

But I digress....like I said, my mother is moving this weekend. Since the males in our lives don't enjoy actually helping, hubby has hired movers for her. This fact notwithstanding, we've been cleaning and moving since Thursday, because it's not moving towns, it's moving a few city blocks over. Saturday, hubby and I went over to help get the trash out of the basement....I may have neglected to tell hubby it was 40 years worth of trash. He was a little miffed...but 3 dumpsters later, we were done.

I've used this as my inspiration. If I don't need it, it's going away. Period. End of story. So in conjunction with EVERYTHING ELSE going on, I'm also cleaning, and I mean really cleaning, my own house. So I'm exhausted...

In other news: bro and sis in law are having a boy, which I, of course, knew immediately since she's not at all fat and hasn't been throwing up. So my sis-in-law has a penis.

And Lou Brown has died...in honor of that, the Indians seem to be wanting to win all their games in the 2nd season. They swept the Tigers in a 3-day, 4-game series! Makes that game on August 7 seem like it won't be a waste of money after all! Well, I mean, it's not because it's Kenny Lofton bobblehead night, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment