Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm Not "That Girl" Anymore...

I know people don't believe it, but I'm not that bitch anymore. Sure, I can still pour it on when necessary, but I prefer to be totally stress-free (on the outside) and not let things bother me anymore. I think back to how I used to be: pissed off, frustrated, constantly bringing up whatever nonsense was plaguing me just to talk about it incessantly. I wouldn't have been friends with me, either.

I don't know when it happened, per se, but something just changed. Perhaps now, though, my carefree ways have made it seem as though I'm constantly nonchalant; that I don't care about anything. In reality, this is somewhat true, but really, it's that I've figured out that the petty poppycock that people dwell on day after day after day just doesn't matter. In reality, things worth getting worked up over are personal in nature, so they're less apt to bring it up in casual conversation, especially not around the water cooler or, though some people are nuts enough to actually do it, social networking sites.

So now, instead of dwelling on something negative to elicit pity from people, somehow making myself think people admire me for dealing with all this "stuff," I just roll with the punches, trying to make myself happy; because really, life isn't all that bad. I have a good life, a beautiful child that makes me laugh all day long, and a good group of pals. That's really what it's all about, right? I invite you all to "not sweat the small stuff" and embrace life everyday. Live it to it's fullest. The best lesson I learned in high school, unfortunately, is that life is too short...you never know when it's going to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment